It's been a challenging few months for many of us in Northern California. On the national level, the Trump administration has wasted no time dismantling environmental progress at the expense of public health, while at the same time targeting immigrants, refugees, and other minorities. On the local level, we unfortunately face many similar challenges.
One thing is clear though:
When it comes to fighting for our environment we have to act locally-especially against the enormous threat Trump and his administration poses. http://click.emails.sierraclub.org/?qs=3cc8b4d664a4b84c642b1cf186d03d77755b142f7b007a9e563f65eae346d9fb95fdbbd767db0a4fc363011237cf6ae3c3b66c2a9d2ee502 And we need your help now.
http://click.emails.sierraclub.org/?qs=3cc8b4d664a4b84c642b1cf186d03d77755b142f7b007a9e563f65eae346d9fb95fdbbd767db0a4fc363011237cf6ae3c3b66c2a9d2ee502 Today, we honor local environmental leaders at our Annual Awards Banquet who have helped in the fight to save our environment. If you cannot make it out, we hope that you can http://click.emails.sierraclub.org/?qs=3cc8b4d664a4b84c642b1cf186d03d77755b142f7b007a9e563f65eae346d9fb95fdbbd767db0a4fc363011237cf6ae3c3b66c2a9d2ee502 make a donation to our chapter so we continue our necessary work in the following ways:
- Lead ongoing legal challenges, with our allies, to protect California's clean water and safe infrastructure.
- Oppose wasteful and environmentally destructive new development and focus on ways to make our existing infrastructure safer and environmentally sustainable.
- Protect our forests by expanding our work to help protect old growth forests, support prescribed fire, and stop clearcut logging practices. Additionally, we will respond to a new Forest Service management plan for our Stanislaus, Lassen, Sierra Nevada, and El Dorado forests.
- Fight for public transit and walkable communities. Several of our groups are working to help their region invest in public transit and making our cities more walkable and more pleasant for more people.
- Promote health equity and female empowerment. A sustainable population begins with healthcare access for all and empowering women to plan their lives and family. Our Committee Sustainable World Population will continue to work with our allies to advocate and provide educational materials to our communities.
Every dollar you donate will go directly towards the Mother Lode Chapter and the hard, vital work we do. http://click.emails.sierraclub.org/?qs=3cc8b4d664a4b84c642b1cf186d03d77755b142f7b007a9e563f65eae346d9fb95fdbbd767db0a4fc363011237cf6ae3c3b66c2a9d2ee502 Support our fight now.
Thank you for your support,
Mother Lode Chapter Director